The Dreamer Scholarship is a partnership between The immigration Project and Memphis Center for Urban Theological Studies (MCUTS) providing fully paid college scholarships for Immigrants with Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) each semester beginning in January 2018 in order to improve life skills, increase future outcomes in society, and deepen relationships with Christ.
We firmly believe DACA recipients deserve a chance to pursue their dreams and become productive Memphians by earning a College degree with MCUTS. The majority of DACA recipients came to the U.S. as young babies and children without any choice in the matter, and therefore should not be burdened and blamed for acts they did not commit, but rather given a chance to thrive.
*The Dreamer Scholarship can only be obtained and applied for if the DACA recipient seeks to attend MCUTS @ LBC and chooses to pursue one of their degrees.
The Dreamer Scholarship is broken up into the following requirements:
- Fill out MCUTS@LBC application and return to Memphis immigration Project at the selected due date.
- $60 paid to Memphis immigration Project on the 1st of every month.
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA or higher to keep the scholarship.
- Share life testimony.
- Take the TABE test if the student has not already taken the ACT.
- One-on-one interview with The immigration Project.
If you are a DACA recipient and interested in applying for the Dreamer Scholarship for 2018, please message us on our Facebook page and/or email us at email@example.com.
The immigration Project exists to engage issues of Immigration from a biblical perspective.