The immigration Project exists to love and welcome Immigrants.
ORTHODOXY (RIGHT BELIEF)
- Only 12% of Christians view Immigration primarily from the Bible.
ORTHOPRAXY (RIGHT PRACTICE)
- Only 41% of pastors stated that their church was personally involved at the local level in assisting immigrants.
- About 68% of Christians say their church has never encouraged them to reach out to immigrants.
- About 79% of Christians have never heard a sermon/message at their church about reaching out to immigrants.
- Among people of non-Christian religious traditions living within the U.S.—most of them immigrants—60% say they do not “personally know” a Christian. Not that they’ve never been to church or never heard the gospel, but that they do not actually know a Christian.
We equip in the form of one-on-ones, events, or public speaking at small-groups, Churches, seminars, conferences, or organizations on issues of Immigration in order for the Church–a people on mission, to be better equipped to view Immigration and love Immigrants the way God intended.
- More than 3,000 Christians better equipped.
- More than 50 one-on-one meetings.
- More than 25 Church events in Tennessee, Virginia, Florida, and around the Southeast.
- More than 5 conferences spoken to including MLK50 Conference and Legacy Disciple Conference.
ADVOCATE FOR JUSTICE
Biblical Justice means giving someone what they are due–either punishment or protection or care. We attempt to demonstrate love and compassion for Immigrants while at the same time respecting the rule of law. Therefore, we advocate for and with Immigrants affected by injustice in order to hold people and institutions accountable for creating, implementing, and sustaining just, good, and balanced policies and practices geared toward the flourishing of society.
- Advocating for tuition equality that would allow Tennessee’s undocumented/DACA Immigrant students to pay in-state tuition rates at public colleges and universities.
- Advocating for a long-term fix for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).
- Advocating for comprehensive Immigration Reform that Respects the God-given dignity of every person, Protects the unity of the immediate family, Respects the rule of law, Guarantees secure national borders, Ensures fairness to taxpayers, and Establishes a path toward legal status and/or citizenship for those who qualify and who wish to become permanent residents.
- *We DO NOT lobby/encourage legislators to support/vote for specific bills.
We engage issues of Immigration by writing articles in order for the Church to view Immigration and love Immigrants the way God intended.
- More than 100 articles written.
- More than 13,000 subscribers.
- Mentioned in the Washington Post, Center for Public Justice, and Commercial Appeal.
Through the partnership between The immigration Project and Memphis Center for Urban Theological Studies (MCUTS) @Lancaster Bible College, we provide full-tuition college scholarships for 5 Immigrants with Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) each semester in order to improve life skills, increase future outcomes in society, and deepen relationships with Christ.
- 6 DACA Recipients currently attending MCUTS@Lancaster Bible College on full-tuition scholarship.
- The Dreamer Scholarship is $11,745 a year, totaling of $46,980 over 4 years for each student.
Through the partnership between The immigration Project and Mid-South Christian College, we offer 5 (five) scholarships per year to Immigrants, documented and undocumented. The scholarships will be full tuition (not fees) for four years, as long as the student maintains satisfactory academic progress.
- 1 undocumented Immigrant is currently attending Mid-South Christian College.
- The Dreamer Scholarship amounts to $7,200 per year, or a total of $28,800 per student over four years.
By Rondell Treviño, Founder/Director, TiP Memorial Day is an American holiday, observed on the last Monday of May, honoring the men and women who died while serving… Read more “Memorial Day: Honoring Immigrant Soldiers”
By Rondell Treviño, Founder/Director, TiP Today President Trump proposed an Immigration plan, of which one part consisting of a multifaceted approach to Border security with a wall/barrier in needed places, compassion… Read more “New Immigration Plan Proposed By President Trump”
Russell Mann, Guest Writer My desire to love immigrants comes from Jesus. Christians serve a God who is love (1 John 4:8) and who displays His love… Read more “5 Ways to Love Immigrants”