Inspiring the Church to view Immigration and love Immigrants the way God intended.
ORTHODOXY (RIGHT BELIEF)
- Only 12% of Christians view Immigration primarily from the Bible.
ORTHOPRAXY (RIGHT PRACTICE)
- Only 41% of pastors stated that their church was personally involved at the local level in assisting immigrants.
- About 68% of Christians say their church has never encouraged them to reach out to immigrants.
- About 79% of Christians have never heard a sermon/message at their church about reaching out to immigrants.
- Among people of non-Christian religious traditions living within the U.S.—most of them immigrants—60% say they do not “personally know” a Christian. Not that they’ve never been to church or never heard the gospel, but that they do not actually know a Christian.
We equip in the form of one-on-ones, events, or public speaking at small-groups, Churches, seminars, conferences, or organizations on issues of Immigration in order for the Church–a people on mission, to be better equipped to view Immigration and love Immigrants the way God intended.
- More than 3,000 Christians better equipped.
- More than 50 one-on-one meetings.
- More than 25 Church events in Tennessee, Virginia, Florida, and around the Southeast.
- More than 5 conferences spoken to including MLK50 Conference and Legacy Disciple Conference.
We advocate for Immigrants affected by injustice, with Immigrants affected by injustice, and by Immigrants affected by injustice in order to hold people and institutions accountable for creating, implementing, and sustaining just and good policies and practices geared toward the flourishing of society.
- Petitions signed by over 800 people around the country.
- Yearly meetings with Congressman and Senators.
- *We DO NOT lobby/encourage legislators to support/vote for specific bills.
We engage issues of Immigration by writing articles in order for the Church to view Immigration and love Immigrants the way God intended.
- More than 100 articles written.
- More than 13,000 subscribers.
- Mentioned in the Washington Post, Center for Public Justice, and Commercial Appeal.
Through the partnership between The immigration Project and Memphis Center for Urban Theological Studies (MCUTS) @Lancaster Bible College, we provide full-tuition college scholarships for 5 Immigrants with Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) each semester in order to improve life skills, increase future outcomes in society, and deepen relationships with Christ.
- 5 DACA Recipients currently attending MCUTS@Lancaster Bible College on full-tuition scholarship.
- The Dreamer Scholarship is $11,745 a year, totaling of $46,980 over 4 years for each student.
By Rondell Treviño, Founder, The immigration Project Yesterday as I was on Twitter, I noticed a one minute commercial from Governor Candidate Michael Williams (Georgia) that was… Read more “A ‘Deportation Bus’ for Undocumented Immigrants”
By Rondell Treviño, Founder, The immigration Project 200,000 Salvadorans. 57,000 Hondurans. 46,000 Haitians. 9,000 Nepalis. 4,000 Liberians. 2,500 Nicaraguans. 1,000 Sudanese. Roughly 317,000 immigrants from six countries… Read more “317,000 Immigrants Have Lost Temporary Protective Status (TPS)”
By Brandi Hunter, Founder, faith901.com Would you be willing to write an article on why immigration matters to you as an African American? Willing? Yes. Able? We’ll… Read more “Why should we care about immigration? Conversations about immigration and the Black community”